Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Change In Plans!


So I went to drawing class today with all my plans and my structural sketches. Here’s what happened:

1.       My choice was deemed “ too safe” to put it very nicely

2.       The piece we’re making has to be representational but it didn’t have to be realistic

3.       I was thinking too much

4.       I need to have more confidence in myself

5.       I should make what I want and not think about if I have the skills to do it or if I might fail because that’s how artist think. We don’t take no for an answer.

Believe it or not, all of that actually encouraged me greatly. So now I’m going to go for my original idea (which I didn’t blog) of using people in a fantasy style piece representing scripture. I already found and photographed one female model (an awesome psychology major I know and not just because she did this for me). After some much needed coffee and sketching, I have a good bit of it laid out. I did some research on flowers because model 1 will have flowers for hair instead of human looking hair and there will be some floating in the air. I also looked up how to draw light. Now not light and shadow light but light like this:



Model 1 will be sharing her light with others (as in Matthew 5:16 light). I’m excited about this. Now I just need two more models:  A female for a profile headshot, who will be looking at model 1’s light and a male hand and forearm, who will be reaching for model 1’s light.

Sidenote: My other research wasn't in vain. I still plans on doing a close up from one of the other photos. I also came up with an interesting to me idea of a giant version of one of the flower clusters on a space bridge that explodes with flower and beanie debris. Whole Beanies of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment