Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Graphic Design 1: Photoshop

Graphic Design 1, taken Fall 2015, was my first time using Photoshop. Some of it I liked and some of it I didn't but all of it was a good learning experience.

First was the Duck






The goal of this project was to get acquainted with Photoshop by placing a duck in a pond. We used the pen tool, gradient tool, and the brush tool. Our instructor walked us through how to use several tools as well as their basic workings.


Magazine Covers










The goal was to recreate three magazine covers. Three because aside form the Ducky, our instructor made us do everything in threes. He said anyone can make something good once but a good designer has to be consistent. We used the pen tool, text tool, and the gradient tool.  (I don't own Mandisa's image but I do think she's awesome)


Surreal Project





Lightman

The Birds

Tulips in the Morning

The goal was to create a Surreal Art piece using high resolution images. We used the pen tool, quick selection tool, layer mask, and various layer filters. Finding images I wanted for free was challenging.


Liquify Project








The goal was to create a cohesive or thematic works using the liquefy filter. We also used the pen tool, type tool, and crop tool. I don't own any of the images and truthfully I didn't watch any of the movies.


Like I said it was a good experience. The Surreal project was my favorite because well Surrealism. (*-*)










No comments:

Post a Comment