Thursday, January 14, 2016

Painting 1

So finally after many years of running and doing what I want, in the Spring 2015 semester I took a painting class. Painting 1 to be precise and boy did I learn a lot. The main thing being, I am not a Renaissance/Baroque type gal. I'm a Post-Impression/Expressionism gal. Naturalism/Realism can be done however it is not my friend. I felt very imprisoned and sad doing our first two projects. Also, I'm grateful that I took Drawing 1 or I would have been beyond miserable.

Project 1: Monochromatic still life





Project 2: Color still life

So this is what we used for the second project




















And this was the result























Although the second two projects were quite enjoyable. Most likely due to the bit of freedom given. I had fun working on them simultaneously.




Project 3: Texture and Geometric shape

I'm really happy with this and is was great art therapy for me. Believe it or not, this was the result of me pouring a lot of stress and sadness out so I could focus more clearly on how things would get better. Which they did of course.  















Project 4: Make what you want



It didn't come out the way I envisioned at all but it was alright. I'm keeping my sketches so as I increase my skills, I can try again in the future.














Overall it was a great class.

No comments:

Post a Comment